Thursday, December 30, 2010

Therapy through written word

What do you do when you're stressed? What gives you that sense of comfort? Relaxes you when you are tense? For me it's writing. I can put pen to paper and suddenly things feel different. I can see clearer, function better and peace covers me like a mothers arms. It's what makes me feel better. It allows me to express how I feel without my mind being cluttered with the opinions of others. When times get tough my Journal gets the most love. I've learned the importance of writing during the good and the challenging seasons of my life. I love looking back and seeing how God has blessed me and how I've overcome obstacles. Writing the good reminds me that God is always doing great things in my life, that I can always trust Him and that the best is yet to come!

As I enter 2011, I know I have a few obstacles to overcome, but I also have an Awesome God who has proven Himself time and time again.  My prayer is that my story can be a blessing to someone else. So not only am I writing as therapy for myself, but in hopes that someone else can benefit from my written word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment