Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bringing Home Babies

I had the goal of maintaining this blog as my flowers continue to grow and bloom. Unfortunately I underestimated how much time it takes to nurture and tend to young flowers. With that said. They are a year now! I know time really flies and boy has it been a journey. It would be impossible to take you through the journey the last year has been in detail. I wouldn’t be able to do it justice. I will however, give a snapshot of the year and a few highlights. Then we can just move forward.

The last year was filled with sleepless night, teary days and budding joy. Being a mommy of twins is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. Our first week home was one of the roughest. I was recovering from both a vaginal delivery and a c-section. Yes – I had what they call the “Double Whammy”. – Yeah, that was definitely not a part of the plan. Needless to say, things happen and you are forced to adjust. This seems to be a reoccurring life lesson. I was physically in pain and mentally trying to figure out what the heck was going on! They says its the baby blues - I say its worst than the worst PMS you could ever think of. Now imagine this with topped with sleep deprivation. Oh yeah and lets not forget the psycho dreams. Ha - talk about funny. While we were going through all this, Our little girls were beginning to sprout. They were beautiful and after a long day filled with all of the above, you couldn't help but look at them and smile. Our little miracles made it! All things are possible and most things are temporary. The motivation of knowing "this too shall pass" caused us to  remember to savour each moment because time was moving and moving quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment