Tuesday, May 17, 2011

If I could be anything.....

I think I would want to be a dancer. There is just something so beautiful about expressing yourself with your entire being. Being able to control and release muscles to create movement that sings.

I guess in a way I allow my words to do the dancing.
Poetry in motion.
Isolating phrases to create rhythmic prose is dancing I suppose.
An intellectual tap dance placing readers in a trance
Fixated on the next line
Feel the tempo keeping time
I two step around things on my mind
Shuffling through life I get my hustle on
I get sore if I do it to long
Hip hop watch me drop knowledge likes it hot
These aren't just words it's a talent that I've got
I'm a modern girl living a ballerina's dream
Cha cha with me if you want to be on my team
Cause if i could be anything......
©Rain


Ha.....there is that poetry I promised:)

No comments:

Post a Comment