Friday, December 23, 2011

I got work to do!

I had just received the greatest news ever! I was going to be a mommy. I was on cloud nine. Everyday I woke up thanking God for the life in my belly. I was excited to start to "feel pregnant". It made it seem more real. I always wondered what morning sickness and being extra tired felt like....crazy right?! But that's how bad I wanted to be a mom and it was FINALLY happening!

Well just as I started to "feel pregnant" I had to journey down to VA to play my role as Matron of Honor for my cousin and best friend's bachelorette party and bridal shower. We spent months planning and the weekend was finally here. This would be the first time away from my husband since I had gotten the good news. Remember now, we decided to wait until the end of the first trimester before we told anyone (parents included). The end of the first trimester was a good 7 weeks away. How was I going to get through this weekend without telling a soul?!

My husband and I had a plan. He loaded up the car for me, I had a ton of stuff, air mattress, gifts, decorations, clothes, etc. He packed snacks, crackers and ginger ale. We agreed on a strategy to deflect any attention away from me. If asked I would tell people I simply wasn't feeling well, maybe it was a bug or something.

I was nervous, but equipped with a strategy. I was ready! If I was able to pull this off, I knew it would make for a great story!

No comments:

Post a Comment