Thursday, March 3, 2011

In Due Season

Everyone is on Facebook these days, my friends, cousins, mom and even my 86 year old Grandmother. It's amazing what people will share in their statuses or photos that they post. Sometimes it's just too much. But every now and then you have people that use Facebook not for their own personal demise (BTW -(By The Way) that's what you are doing when you post crazy stuff for all the world to see but that's a whole other blog) but for the good of someone else. They post inspirational quotes, words of wisdom and scripture. This morning as I scrolled through my news feed I came across the following scripture that was posted as someones status:  

I will not grow weary while doing good, for in due season, I will reap if I do not lose heart. 
~Galations 6:9

It was like the status jumped off the page and smacked me dead in the face. I will reap if I don't lose heart. I feel like I am doing good, but there have been times when I have grown weary and begin losing heart. I've pushed through and and now I'm waiting for my due season, that specified time that only God knows when I will reap my reward.  What an awesome verse! (Not to mention how it works with the whole waiting for flowers to bloom theme:)

I encourage whoever is reading this to apply this to whatever it is that you are going through. Be strong, don't get weary....your season will come! (So will mine!)


No comments:

Post a Comment