Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not such a bad day after all

I started my day feeling a little sad. Not sure why, but I was. It was like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I rushed to get out of the house and ended up having a slightly less than productive day at work. I decided I needed a "pick me up". I'm not a daily coffee drinker, but I love I mean LOVE the iced coffee at Quick Check. (Weird right?!) Anyhoo... I go off the beaten path to find this coffee that I know will give me the fix that I am looking for. Only to find that whatever was left in the iced coffee machine was the very last little bit which had stuff floating in it....ewwww. I asked a lady working there if they had more, she sent someone to check and told me to leave my coffee on the counter and she would throw it out for me. I placed the 3/4 filled cup on the counter and accidentally knock it over....smh (that's Shaking My Head for all you non-abbreviation people). I felt terrible, I almost started crying....yeah it was one of those types of days. The lady was pleasant as I continued to apologize profusely wishing I could go behind the counter and clean the spill myself. I just wanted to get my coffee and leave....well they were out of the house blend which meant no fix for me:( I got back on the road and headed to my first office. I'm on the road all day so I have my "designated restrooms" places where I can go and know that I will find a clean bathroom that meets my standards. I get to where I'm going and decide to make a pit stop only to find out that my rest area (a local health food store) has been shut down....like there was a sign stating that the property and everything inside was owned by the government...Forget a bad day, clearly they weren't having a good year!

Long story short, I got home and decided to watch Blood Diamond which has been in my DVR que for like a month. As I sat and watched a country going though civil war and saw people getting killed for no reason, I realized that I have it pretty darn good. I am blessed and while I may think I'm having a bad day, I'm really not. There are so many people whose situation are far worse than mine. I have a lot to be thankful for and must remember that regardless of what I'm going through I'm better off than so many others. It's also at times like this when clarity is staring me in the face I dream about how I can help people in need because there are so many in desparate need of a helping hand.

So looking back...my day was not so bad....after all there is always tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment