Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Laughter....medicine for the soul

Whenever I'm in a bad mood I don't feel like laughing. I mean it's called a bad mood for a reason. However, if something or someone catches me off guard, I will laugh involuntarily and actually enjoy it. While it certainly isn't the easiest thing to do, I try to make myself laugh during times when I am down in hopes that it will pull me out of the funk.

The day I got the voice mail that I was no longer pregnant, I cried and cried and cried some more. We decided to have dinner at Red Lobsters (we both had a craving for those cheddar bay biscuits). At dinner we reminisced about how our parents used to take us there. We were like Red Lobster historians as we critiqued the new breading on the fried shrimp. Despite the news we received earlier that day, we laughed and laughed and laughed. All those happy endorphins flooded our souls and for a moment all was right with the world.

On a recent not so good day we decided to watch Coming to America....you talk about laughing?! Now that's some strong medicine right there!

I have a laughing buddy who has been a tremendous help through this whole process. A couple days when I figured, I would just go home and cry it out, she called and we can't help but make jokes and laugh until our abs hurt. We talk for hours and our conversations usually end with sore tummy's, sore cheeks hoarse voices and great memories. I'm so blessed to have some one that knows just what to say to get that good medicine flowing. We actually talked tonight....and all is well with my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment