Friday, February 11, 2011

Putting the pieces back together

My husband has been the best through this whole process. Yesterday he calmly called the IVF office on my behalf and spoke with the doctor and nurse who were on my case. Not only did he get answers, but the respect and admiration of the office. Apparently they really like us at our IVF clinic. Today I had to return to get blood work done. I was greeted with a hug from one of our favorite nurses who told me, "While this sucks...you are really blessed to have embryos frozen!" Our doctor came out and apologized for the way our case had been handled.

Clearly they want to save face, but it was also clear (more so from the nursing staff) that they really cared. They were "cheering" for us so to speak. A few days later I received an e-mail from our favorite nurse explaining next steps and letting us know that she is there is we have any questions. She also e-mailed my husband separately.

So from here, we take the time we need to heal and start to piece things back together. Life goes on....and when we are ready, we will try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment