Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fertilizer

I think most people enter into things without knowing the whole process even when they do research. Once you get the basic gist, you feel comfortable enough to move forward. That was my thought with the whole IVF process. I did a little research, felt good about my understanding of the process and decided to move forward. I knew I was going to have to take medicine, its a part of the process, but I was utterly SHOCKED when I picked up a shopping bag full of an assortment of pills, injections, extra needles and a sharps container! There was sooooo much. Drugs of all varieties and different delivery systems. It was overwhelming to say the least.

My husband and I went for IVF orientation where they go into more detail about the process and how to administer the medication. Simply put I was overwhelmed and a little scared. What if I make a mistake and take to much or too little? The medicine is VERY expensive and the last thing I wanted is to waste it. I realized, even though I was scared, it was something I had to do. Fertilizer helps things grow. This medicine was my fertilizer in more ways than one. I followed the directions and have successfully given myself shots for 12 days in a row! It's not even a big deal anymore. I grew as a person. I faced the challenge and overcame my fears. Go me! I learned I can do anything if I put my mind to it and I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment