Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Waiting for a miracle

I believe in miracles, do you? I'm a Christian and have heard many a sermon about God's miraculous power to help those who are hurting. I'm a believer. I know that God is capable of anything and everything, however, I also believe that He decides how a miracle is going to take place. He may do it one way for one person and a completely different way for another. It's that part that many people including myself have a tough time understanding. When I was told that I was unable to conceive children naturally, I asked God for a miracle. I wanted Him to just work things out so that things would just be easier. People around me told me to have faith, that God would make a way.

Each month I prayed and hoped that I would be pregnant. Each month I would get my period and find myself depressed, losing faith and utterly confused. How come you won't help me God? Why are you doing this to me? Why me? Finally I began to realize that God can work in more than one way. That just because I may have to go through treatment doesn't make Him any less miraculous or me any less faithless. I had to be patient, alert and willing to follow his voice. When I was able to get over the "woe is me attitude" I was able to see clearer. My Goal is to have children from my body. The way I get pregnant was insignificant. I learned that when we focus only on what we want, we can't always hear what God has planned for us. Not our will, but His. Once I understood that a Peace washed over me and I was ready to take the next step toward my goal!

1 comment: