Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why Rain?

I guess many of you have realized that my real name isn't Rain. So why would I choose a name that is so commonly associated with dreary dismal days? I feel that it is truly representative of this process. Finding out that you are unable to have children the conventional way is dismal. I cried a lot, however, through my tears I was able to see the blessing of IVF. There was a time when women were just considered barren. There was no other option for them. Thanks be to God, I had another option!

While most people hate when it rains, I love listening to the sound of pitter patter as it hits my skylights. I love the smell just before the first drop kisses the earth. I love the look of sun as it shines on the rain kissed earth. Most of all I love the fact that rain causes things to grow. Without rain, things dry out and die. So to me its a very fitting name.
I am growing as an individual and most importantly I am creating an environment where I will be able to love and nurture my children as they one day grow inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment