Thursday, January 27, 2011

T.M.I.

Before starting this process I was really nervous - scratch that, I was freaking scared out of my mind! I thought a way to overcome my fear (besides praying) would be to do a little research online and in person. I ended up worse off than I was when I started! I was bombarded with information many times sharing the worst case scenario. Ok- Yes, there is definitely some good information explaining the process.  However I was overwhelmed by the number of chat rooms and blogs and the IVF lingo that goes along with it. Clearly I understand that it is therapeutic for  people to write and share their experience with others. (Isn't that what I'm doing here?!) It was just an overwhelming experience. Especially when women talked about their struggles, failed cycles and painful procedures - NOT what I want to hear right before I sign up for the ride! I don't think I'm alone in wanting to have a positive outlook. Believe me, I get it - IVF is a process, at any point along the way something may not go as planned and you might have to start over or take one step back. It has the potential of placing you on an emotional roller coaster  (extra estrogen definitely aids in this process). However, if all goes as planned you will be blessed with a beautiful healthy baby (or babies) which is the end result everyone hopes for, otherwise no one would be doing this! My whole thing is separate what you really Need to know from what is just Nice to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment