Sunday, January 23, 2011

Watching seeds grow

Unlike with real plants once you mix sperm with egg you can see which ones are fertilized within a 24 hour time period. We received a call today from the lab letting us know that we have 27 fertilized eggs. As the lab technician stated "They have a lot to work with". I was soooooo excited! We will have a 5 day transfer which will take place on Thursday. Now obviously they can't transfer all of the embryos, I think the max is three....I still wonder to this day how the heck someone approved Octo-mom an 8 embryo transfer! Over the next 5 days, the lab will watch our little seedlings grow. The cream of the crop will be selected and transferred back into me. The rest will be stored in the freezer for possible later use. In the mean time, I am to treat my body with care and start on my new meds, Cipro, Medrol, Estrace and Progeterone. Phase two lets go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment